October 26, 2015 —The organizers of Research@Locate’16, the academic research stream of Locate16 invite submissions of short papers (3–6 pages) detailing the latest research advances, recent results, work in progress, and new ideas within the field of spatial information. Submissions are encouraged from researchers at any stage of their career, from PhD students to senior researchers, with relevant topics including, but not limited to: spatial information science and GIS; surveying, positioning, and geodesy; mapping, cartography, and visualization; remote sensing; and photogrammetry.
Authors of accepted papers will be invited to present their research in a format accessible to a broad audience as part of the main Locate 16 conference. Accepted papers will be published in an online proceedings available at the time of the conference. For more information, please visit Research@Locate’s call for papers.
SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS: Word and Latex templates are available here, and completed papers can be submitted via the official submission page.
LOCATION:13–14th April, 2016, Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, Victoria, Australia, in conjunction with Locate16
REGISTRATION: Registration for Research@Locate will be handled through the Locate16 website. Information, such as venue and travel information, nearby accommodation, and the full conference and exhibition program is available at the website.
IMPORTANT DATES: Paper submissions due: 11th December 2015 – Author notification: 15th January 2016
• Matt Duckham (RMIT University)
• Allison Kealy (University of Melbourne)
Local Organising Chair:
• Alan Both (RMIT University)
• Jagannath Aryal (University of Tasmania),
• Suelynn Choy (RMIT University)
• Xiaoli Deng (University of Newcastle)
• Amy Griffin (UNSW ADFA), Chris Rizos (UNSW)
• Pascal Sirguey (University of Otago)
• Paul C. Sutton (University of South Australia)
• Bert Veenendaal (Curtin University)
• Stephan Winter (University of Melbourne)
For further information, please visit or send an email to email@example.com