- Use interactive maps to learn about their local environment and regional variations.
- Select particular data themes such as vegetation, land suitability or surface rock type to view as maps.
- View detailed information from a particular data theme.
- Obtain further details about a particular theme (metadata).
- Create high quality, custom PDF maps for printing.
Our Environment uses data from nationally significant databases such as the Land Resource Inventory System (LRIS), the Land Cover Database (LCDB) and other national datasets and is designed to support applications at local, regional and national scales. Further data themes and features will be added as time goes by. Read more