SCOTTSDALE, AZ, USA – March 16, 2016 – Today, Hemisphere GNSS announces the release of S321, their next-generation multi-frequency, multi-GNSS survey smart antenna. The all-new S321 combines Hemisphere’s Athena™and Atlas
technologies along with a completely new web UI offering an unparalleled level of customer-friendly performance making it an ideal fit into any land or marine survey portfolio.
The wide range of functionality and ease of use of the S321 makes it a great fit for any professional marine application. Whether you are doing marine construction, hydrographic ® surveying, or dredging, using the S321 with Athena RTK means you will be able to achieve impeccable results and maintain peak up-time, ensuring maximum ROI. The ruggedized
antenna was designed for the most demanding and challenging environments and meets IP67 requirements.
“The S321 is another example of how much Hemisphere has changed”, declared Chuck Joseph, Hemisphere’s President & CEO. “A fantastic survey smart antenna with industry-leading RTK, connectivity, and management capabilities, the S321 offers unbeatable performance and value to the industry.”
Athena excels in virtually every environment where high-accuracy GNSS receivers can be used. Hemisphere’s customers have tested and proven Athena’s performance in long-baseline, in open-sky environments, under heavy canopy, and in locations experiencing significant scintillation.
• Initialization time – One of the most reliably consistent initialization performances in the industry, while at the same time performing initializations in less than 15 seconds at better than 99.9% reliability
• Robustness in very difficult operating environments – Extremely high productivity under the most aggressive of geographic and landscape oriented environments for GNSS, while delivering up to 50% better performance in user tests matched against the competition
• Performance on long baselines – Industry-leading position stability for long baseline applications, with position quality exceeding the performance of the best-of-breed RTK systems on the market
• Performance under scintillation – Sustained accuracy under ionospheric scintillation activities, providing one of the most reliable ways in the market to work with GNSS in scintillation-affected areas
Atlas GNSS Global Corrections
The S321 ships preconfigured to test-drive corrections from Hemisphere’s recently announced Atlas global corrections service. The bundled solution provides users worldwide with an easy way to utilize Atlas, including their worldwide H10 service offering 8 cm 95% accuracy (4 cm RMS).
Network RTK Augmentation
BaseLink technology allows Atlas-capable receivers like the S321 to self-calibrate, self-survey, and automatically manage the transmission of RTK correction data to augment or extend established or new GNSS reference networks in areas of poor Internet connectivity.
Advanced Technology Features
The S321 introduces Hemisphere’s all-new aRTK ™ technology. Powered by Atlas, aRTK enables the S321 to operate with RTK accuracies when RTK corrections fail. If the S321 is Atlas-subscribed, it will continue to operate at the subscribed service level until RTK is restored.
The S321 also introduces SureFix™ , Hemisphere’s new processor running in combination with Athena to provide high-fidelity RTK quality information that results in guaranteed precision with virtually 100% reliability.
The S321 is a versatile survey smart antenna with a number of first-class features:
• Athena RTK engine
• GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS
• 372 channels
• Atlas corrections delivered via L-band and over the Internet
• Wireless connectivity via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
• Powerful web UI
• Two versions (Each can be configured as Base or Rover):
o UHF + GSM / WCDMA
o GSM / WCDMA (Network Rover)
• 4 GB internal memory card and 64 GB-capable MicroSD card for data logging,
download, and upload
S321 can be ordered now and is available to ship before the end of the month.
S321 is making its tradeshow debut and is being featured by Hemisphere GNSS at Oceanology International 2016 at ExCeL, London, UK from March 15 – 17, 2016 at booth G500.
For more information about the S321, Athena, Atlas, or its other advanced features, please call +1 (844) 217-2845 (within Canada / USA only) or +1 (480) 291-6766, or email [email protected].