“Currently, solar developers have to manually traverse through aerial maps and various datasets such as transmission lines, substations, wetlands, flood zones, and many others to find good locations,” says Shawn McCarthy, Vice President and General Manager of MAPSearch. “This is time-consuming and slow. MAPSearch’s new algorithm will significantly save time and require fewer resources, and help solar companies find the best locations for development. It’s as simple as inputting specific criteria, clicking submit, and viewing optimal locations in a grid or map view.”
ENvision’s easy-to-use platform is flexible and customizable, and its assets can be searched, sorted, and displayed according to multiple details, including owner, operator, and voltage. Attribute data include:
- Full MAPSearch datasets
- Electric transmission line coverage for U.S./North America
- Substation coverage for U.S./North America
- Power plants for U.S./North America
- Service territories for U.S. investor-owned utilities and public power entities
- Parcel data for more than 3,000 U.S. counties and 150 million parcels
- Wetlands data for the U.S.
- FEMA flood hazard zones for the U.S.
- Solar resources base map
- More than 20 base maps to choose from
MAPSearch has been serving the Electric Power, Oil & Gas, and related sectors for more than 30 years with its industry leading GIS Data and Online Mapping solutions. For more information or to request a demo, please visit http://www.mapsearch.com/envision-info.html or stop by the Renewable Energy World booth #3146 at Solar Power International in Anaheim, Calif.
About PennWell Corporation:
Founded in 1910 in Tulsa, Okla., PennWell Corporation is a diversified business-to-business media and marketing services company that provides quality content and integrated marketing solutions for a variety of industries. For additional information about PennWell, visit www.pennwell.com.