LAS VEGAS, Nev. — Today at Autodesk University, HP Inc. announced new HP PageWide XL printers with sharp, up to 70 percent faster1 output, enabling technical production providers to grow AEC volume and expand business in color applications with the market-leading HP PageWide XL printer portfolio.
The new HP PageWide XL 5100 and HP PageWide XL 6000 printers and multifunction printers strengthen the fastest printer portfolio in the market2 to equip enterprise print rooms, central reprographic departments and reprographic houses for enhanced mid-volume production in both color and monochrome.
At speeds up to 24 D/A1-size prints per minute, the series delivers technical documents with quick turnaround and low operating costs3 for architects and engineers, in addition to geographic information system (GIS) maps and point-of-sale (POS) poster applications.
In its first-ever product demonstration at AU, Las Vegas, HP Booth (#A517), the HP PageWide XL 6000 Multifunction Printer is producing prints of HP Mars Home Planet Concept Phase submissions.
HP Mars Home Planet is a universe changing global effort to unite engineers, architects, designers, artists and students to imagine, design and experience life in an urban area for 1 million people on Mars. Participants are using Autodesk software to conceptualize, model and render images of future life on Mars. The winning designs will be printed and displayed during the show. Additionally, HP will showcase its latest workstations – the HP Z8, the most powerful PC on the planet,4 and the HP ZBook x2, the world’s most powerful and first detachable PC workstation 5.
“The debut of new HP PageWide XL printers is another giant leap on the HP journey to offer continued innovation in large format printing for the designers of the future,” said Guayente Sanmartín, General Manager and Global Head, HP Large Format Design Printing. “The breakthrough PageWide XL platform with even faster printing speeds will also help our customers move the needle for business with immediate monochrome and color prints delivered from one unique printer.”
With more than 5,000 units shipped and 3 billion ft² (300 million m2) printed since the HP PageWide XL printer launch in 2015, more customers are discovering the value the market-leading 6 HP PageWide XL printers bring to businesses worldwide. HP PageWide XL printers do the job of two printers in a single device, providing both monochrome and color prints at breakthrough speeds: the Power of One.
The HP PageWide XL 5100 prints at speeds up to 20 D/A1 pages per minute with quick 28-second first page out, and the HP PageWide XL 6000 at 24 D/A1 size pages per minute with a 25-second first page out. The printers produce outstanding print quality, and are also available in multifunction configuration with copying and scanning for collaboration. Additional benefits include:
New added-value capabilities
HP is also now offering increased productivity for the HP PageWide XL portfolio with new software solutions. HP SmartStream offers two new modules. Document Organizer lets the user automatically rename large volumes of files using innovative OCR technology, for saving time in job management. Using job pixel coverage, Pixel Analysis provides accurate quotes before printing. HP SmartTracker helps users control printing costs and enable reimbursement.
HP is also introducing new features for HP HD & SD Pro Scanners to improve operator productivity, image quality and background cleaning capabilities. A new output tray streamlines both the scan and copy workflows.
Additional printers in the HP PageWide XL portfolio include:
The HP PageWide XL 5100 and HP PageWide XL 6000 Printer series will be available in December in the US and Canada, and will be sold in other regions beginning in 2018. Specific country releases will follow.
For more information about the Mars Home Plant project, go to hp.com/go/mars.
To learn more on the benefits of PageWideXL go to hp.com/go/PowerofOne and hp.com/go/pagewidexl.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through
our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences
that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) The new HP PageWide XL 6000 Printer series prints 24 D/A1 size pages per minute compared with the previous HP PageWide XL 5000 Printer delivering 14 A1/D size pages per minute.
(2) Fastest based on internal HP testing and methodology compared to alternatives for large-format printing of technical documents, GIS maps, and point-of-sale (POS) posters under $200,000 USD as of April, 2017. Production costs savings based on comparison to a setup consisting of one monochrome LED printer and one color production printer, both under $150,000 USD, as of April, 2017. Production costs consist of supplies and service costs, printer energy costs, and operator costs. For testing criteria, see hp.com/go/pagewidexlclaims
(3) Production costs savings based on an HP PageWide XL 5100 Printer compared with a combination of a mid-volume monochrome LED printer and a mid-volume color production printer (both under $40,000 USD) as of April, 2017. Production costs consist of supplies and service costs, printer energy costs, and operator costs. For testing criteria, see hp.com/go/pagewidexlclaims.
(4) Based on desktop workstations as of June 14, 2017 and power based on processor, graphics, memory, and power supply
(5) Based on desktop workstations as of June 14, 2017 and power based on processor, graphics, memory, and power supply.
(6) HP PageWide XL printers portfolio are market leaders in high-volume and mid-volume both in the USA and in Canada representing 50% of the share according to IDC as of March, 2017.
(7) Based on internal HP testing on the HP PageWide XL 5000 Printer compared to preparing and printing the job on two different printers (one comparable monochrome mid-volume LED printer for the monochrome pages and one color printer for the color pages. For testing criteria, see hp.com/go/pagewidexlclaims.
(8) HP PageWide XL pigment inks are certified per the ISO 11798 Permanence and Durability standard, proving that prints made with HP PageWide XL printers using Original HP PageWide XL pigment inks withstand harsh exposure to light, water, abrasion, and handling, and long-term storage and heat, and remain legible in the future. For more information, see hp.com/go/printpermanence.
Autodesk and the Autodesk logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If the risks or uncertainties ever materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP Inc. and its consolidated subsidiaries (“HP”) may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions.
All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to any projections of net revenue, margins, expenses, effective tax rates, net earnings, net earnings per share, cash flows, benefit plan funding, deferred tax assets, share repurchases, currency exchange rates or other financial items; any projections of the amount, timing or impact of cost savings or restructuring and other charges; any statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations, including the execution of restructuring plans and any resulting cost savings, revenue or profitability improvements; any statements concerning the expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products or services; any statements regarding current or future macroeconomic trends or events and the impact of those trends and events on HP and its financial performance; any statements regarding pending investigations, claims or disputes; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing.
Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP’s businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; risks associated with executing HP’s strategy; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third-party suppliers and the distribution of HP’s products and the delivery of HP’s services effectively; the protection of HP’s intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP’s international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers, clients and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the results of the restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost (including any possible disruption of HP’s business) and the anticipated benefits of the restructuring plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2015, HP’s Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarters ended January 31, 2016, April 30, 2016 and July 31, 2016, and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements. HP’s Investor Relations website at http://www.hp.com/investor/home contains a significant amount of information about HP, including financial and other information for investors. HP encourages investors to visit its website from time to time, as information is updated and new information is posted.
© 2017 Hewlett-Packard Development Company LP. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.