AIRPORT CITY, Israel — OriginGPS, one of the leading manufacturers of miniature Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) modules, announced today the launch of three new products built on the flash-based SiRFstar V from Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. This latest trio of modules is now boasting key drone features like low-latency velocity and position outputs and 5 Hz position updates to their already industry leading Multi Hornet, Multi Micro Hornet and Multi Micro Spider.
The Multi Hornet and Multi Micro Hornet offer drone OEMs a choice between 10×10 mm or 18×18 mm integrated, high-performance patch antennas, with benefits that extend to OBDII and under-dash telematics when utilizing the larger Multi Hornet. The Multi Micro Spider brings all of these benefits into a compact 7×7 mm package suitable for use with a variety of external antennas. All of OriginGPS’ modules are designed with patented Noise Free Zone TM technology which minimizes noise, producing the maximum signal-to-noise ratio.
“No other supplier out there rallies these new flash-based additions on such advanced GPS/GNSS modules of this size,” says Haim Goldberger, President and CTO at OriginGPS. “Our plug-and-play Multi Hornet and Multi Micro Hornet offer the fastest time-to-market while maximizing performance even in the harshest of signal environments. The Multi Micro Spider also supports these flash-based additions with a variety of custom antenna solutions. Regardless of antenna placement or mechanical drone design, OriginGPS now offers the software features required in the smallest and lightest weight package.”
OriginGPS will be showing these new modules, along with their entire portfolio of GPS/GNSS modules, at Electronica. Visit us at Hall A4, Stand 281.
A more comprehensive list of key features include:
• Onboard flash for enhanced drone functionality – Based on the SiRFstar 5eB02 GNSS SoC from Qualcomm Technologies, Inc, OriginGPS’ new offerings are the ideal solution for drone manufacturers looking to quickly integrate GNSS functionality without adding sizeable hardware or weight. The low-latency speed and velocity outputs make these the world’s smallest, fastest responding GNSS modules.
• Multiple antenna configurations offers a solution for every application – With two new additions to the Hornet product line, designers can opt for the miniature 10×10 mm footprint with best-in-class performance or the larger 18×18 footprint for maximum performance when GNSS signal levels are low. The new Spider offering can be implemented with a variety of external antennas.
• OriginGPS’ Noise Free Zone (NFZ)™ – The ORG4033 utilizes OriginGPS’ patented and proprietary NFZ technology for continued noise immunity and razor-sharp sensitivity even in poor signal conditions.
• Intuitive design that facilitates shorter time to market – The new flash-based modules each use an existing OriginGPS Hornet or Spider footprint. Developers can easily transition from ROM-based to flash-based modules or GPS to GNSS in the same footprint, thereby reducing overall development costs and shortening time to market.
• To find out where to buy OriginGPS’ GPS / GNSS solutions, click here.
• Follow OriginGPS on LinkedIn and YouTube.
• To get a look at OriginGPS’ world’s smallest module, click here.
OriginGPS is a world-leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of miniaturized GNSS modules (“Spider” family), antenna modules (“Hornet” family) and antenna solutions. OriginGPS introduces unparalleled sensitivity and noise immunity by incorporating its proprietary Noise Free Zone technology for faster position fix and navigation stability even under challenging satellite signal conditions.
For more information, contact: [email protected] or visit us at www.origingps.com.