- Increase on-line access to “Critical EO Priorities Data Sources”;
- Ensure that datasets are discoverable through the GEOSS Common Infrastructure; and
- Demonstrate effectiveness of general and specialized software tools for using data.
AIP-4 will involve less new development than previous AIP phases in order to focus on access to priority Earth observation data sources. The AIP-4 schedule will be shorter in order to provide results in time for the GEO-VIII Plenary in November 2011. There will no Kickoff Workshop as in previous phases.
This CFP invites GEO Members and Participating Organizations to participate in AIP-4 through activities such as:
- Providing priority Earth observation data sources;
- Contributing expertise in Earth observation data access, including toolkits and tutorials;
- Providing access brokers to host data from long-term archives for online access;
- Interacting with Communities of Practice on data exploitation requirements;
- Providing components that enable exploitation of Priority Earth observation data sources; and
- Testing integration and usability.
. To ask questions about the CFP, please contact the Point of Contact for Task AR-09-01a, George Percivall, email@example.com.
The related information documents are available below: