Consumers will benefit from enriched data from OneMap to make a more informed decision when looking to buy, sell or rent residential, commercial, or industrial properties.
The Singapore Land Authority (SLA) has signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the top five largest property agencies in Singapore – PropNex Realty, ERA Realty Network, OrangeTee & Tie, Huttons Asia and SRI. The MOUs, which were concluded over the last four months, will see SLA partner the property agencies to collaborate on geospatial innovation and improvement of hyperlocal and granular data in Singapore.
2. Under the initiatives of the MOUs, the property agencies will collect relevant details to enhance SLA’s OneMap and OneMap3D, such as the location of entrances, lifts, and certain features of selected properties. The property agencies’ selected suite of websites and mobile applications will also be enhanced with the granular and hyperlocal data available on OneMap (www.onemap.gov.sg).
3. The five property agencies command a majority share of property transactions in Singapore and collectively cover over 80 per cent of property agents. With this collaboration, property agents could benefit from seamless integration of a wide array of detailed and accurate location information from OneMap directly on the agencies’ platforms. This includes useful data on buildings, locations of schools in proximity to a property as well as 3D models from SLA’s OneMap3D (www.onemap3d.gov.sg), which would enable users to view shadow castings and North-South-East-West views from a property (See Annex A for OneMap3D sample screen references).
4. Consumers looking to buy, sell or rent a residential, commercial, and industrial property could benefit from the enriched data from OneMap to make a more informed decision regarding their property transaction.
5. SLA Chief Executive, Colin Low said “As the geospatial agency in Singapore, SLA is always looking for opportunities to partner both the private and public sectors as well as the community to co-create and spur further innovation in geospatial technology and related applications. The real estate sector is one area which has latent potential to leverage geospatial technology to enhance its service delivery. We look forward to having the property agencies as well as more partners onboard to co-innovate and unlock more value for the benefit of the community.”
6. The OneMap mobile app is available for free download on Apple and Android app store.