Des Plaines, IL – URISA is pleased to announce the results of its 2020 URISA Board of Directors’ election.
will serve in the position of President-Elect and Kathryn Brewer, Xan Fredericks, and Steve Steinberg
will serve as Directors. They will all begin their three-year terms at the conclusion of GIS-Pro 2020
which will be presented virtually this year.
Brent Jones, PE, PLS, Global Manager, Land Records/Cadastre, Esri, Vienna Virginia
“I am honored to serve URISA as President-Elect. URISA has a long and storied history of delivering exemplary conferences and educational opportunities as well as important guidance and significant support for geospatial professionals’ careers. URISA has been a model organization with a unique ability to deliver a dynamic inclusive networking environment. In these difficult times, URISA has a renewed commitment to be inclusive with networking and volunteer opportunities at all levels of the organization. With such rapidly-changing technology, URISA has been a model, stable, ongoing voice with policy issues keeping members informed with pertinent information on issues facing GIS professionals. It has been the go-to organization for those beginning their GIS careers with limitless opportunities to contribute as part of the award-winning Vanguard Cabinet. I look forward to contributing to the growing, committed URISA community of GIS professionals.”
Brent will serve as President-Elect for one year and his term as President will begin at the conclusion of GIS-Pro 2021.
Newly-elected URISA Board of Directors:
- Kathryn Brewer, GISP, Principal/GIS Project Manager, Spatial Relationships LLC, Boston Massachusetts
- Xan Fredericks, GISP, Lidar Coordinator/Associate National Map Liaison, US Geological Survey, St Petersburg, Florida
- Steven J. Steinberg, Ph.D., MPA, GISP, Geographic Information Officer (GIO), County of Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
Kevin Mickey was elected by the membership as President-Elect last year and will begin his term as President of URISA at the conclusion of GIS-Pro 2020. Keri Brennan will become Immediate Past-President at that time.
At the close of GIS-Pro 2020, the terms of service for these URISA Board members will conclude and we thank them all, in advance, for their amazing dedication and service to URISA:
- Immediate Past-President: Kim McDonough, GISP, Tennessee Department of Transportation, Nashville, Tennessee
- Board Secretary: Bryan Townsend, GISP, York County, York, South Carolina
- Lynn Dupont, GISP, ASLA, Regional Planning Commission, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Michael (Glenn) O’Grady, GISP, Planning Commission Chairman (Retired), City of Encinitas, California