OLD HICKORY, Tenn. – GEO Jobe is pleased to announce an important update of the popular Admin Tools for ArcGIS (consistently a TOP app in the Esri ArcGIS Marketplace). The latest version of Admin Tools, 1.3, gives the ArcGIS Administrator even more functionality and tools to perform their job better. We’ve listened to our global community of users from more than 5,000 user organizations, including “power” users from enterprise facilities, airports, local government, utilities, higher education facilities, and environmental organizations to come up with our updates for our 1.3 release of Admin Tools for ArcGIS.
New in 1.3
• Copy Symbology from Web Map – Update multiple web map symbols from one or more web maps
• Update User Level – Updates user levels to Level 1 or Level 2 in bulk
• Enable / Disable User Login – Enables or disables ArcGIS and/or Portal Login
• Delete Pending User – Filters users that have not logged in and lets you delete them
Other Improvements, Fixes, & Enhancements
• Thumbnail Generator – Save design templates to local browser, import/export templates
• Change User Entitlements – Added option to stop email notifications on change
• All Item Tools – Can now filter items by Categories
• Import Users By CSV – Notification if CSV is missing minimum required fields for new users
• Clone Items to Organization – Resources for Story Maps cloned with the Story Map
• Export Items to CSV – Now returns folder IDs and folder names
• All User Tools – Filter users by “Last Logged In”
• Clone Items to Organization – Improved detection of web map dependencies for web mapping application
• Clone Items to Organization – Resources for Story Maps now included when cloning
• Export Items to CSV – Now supports Categories
• Import Users by CSV – Validates field values for proper type and values
• Import Items by CSV – Validates field values for proper type and values
• Import Groups by CSV – Validates field values for proper type and values
• Browse Items – Fixed issue where some users’ list of items failed to display in certain edge cases
• Much more!
Recall, in the previous update to Admin Tools (1.2) several popular features were added including:
• Thumbnail Generator – A robust thumbnail generator for bulk creation of custom thumbnails for your items
• Re-index Portal Searches (ArcGIS Portal only) – Forces indexes on portal to assist searches
“Version 1.3 of Admin Tools comes on schedule as we aim to release regular updates as requested by our vast user community. Many of the improvements and new tools in this release come directly from user feedback. I encourage all of our users to interact with us through our live chat or the ‘request a feature’ link in the bottom right of the Admin Tools interface.” – David Hansen, Chief Operating Officer of GEO Jobe GIS Consulting.
Admin Tools provides some 60+ tools (90% of these tools are bundled in the Free version) that greatly simplify routine tasks. Admin Tools is available to GIS administrators and other GIS professionals in Free, Pro, and for Portal (enterprise, on-premise) and can be found in the ArcGIS marketplace (marketplace.arcgis.com). See more at http://www.geo-jobe.com/admin-tools/
Admin tools is designed to result in considerable time savings for users. Easily enabling customers of the Professional version to quickly justify the small expense. Attendees at the 2018 Esri GeoConX Conference in Dallas can get a demo and learn more about Admin Tools at our booth this November.
To Get admin Tools Visit the ArcGIS Marketplace:
Admin Tools (Free) – marketplace.arcgis.com/listing.html?id=c34019b0623041608df4d06970a7a96a
Admin Tools (Pro) – marketplace.arcgis.com/listing.html?id=4b9205d08a42413085a17ca91b97e3c7
Admin tools (Portal) on premise – Contact us directly for details
About GEO Jobe
Founded in 1999, GEO Jobe (@geojobegis) is a geospatial industry leader with our GEOPowered Cloud Managed Services (http://www.geo-jobe.com/geopowered-cloud/managed-services/), UAV aerial mapping group, and currently has the top three most popular apps in the ArcGIS Marketplace, including Admin Tools for ArcGIS, and Mapfolio. While many geospatial firms focus on a specific industry, GEO Jobe has a focus on industry independent solutions and offerings such as providing software development and data hosting expertise and services. GEO Jobe was an early adopter of the ArcGIS Online platform and always strives to extend and push the limits of what is possible using the platform. GEO Jobe has been an Esri business partner for many years and has received multiple awards from Esri including the 2015 Innovative Marketplace Provider and the 2013 Organization Use of ArcGIS Online awards.
Connect with the GEO Jobe team or reach out with a question or comment on Twitter @geojobegis