OceanWise has now added scale independent, seamless feature layers to its acclaimed vector dataset, Marine Themes. These feature layers are based on the appropriate scale of Electronic Navigational Charts (ENC) or source datasets available and include data on Administrative and Management Units, Industrial Facilities and Transport. The Wrecks and Obstructions Theme has been scale independent for some time, while the Elevation Theme will continue to be available as three scale bands to facilitate enhanced performance in GIS and Web GIS due to their complexity.
OceanWise Marine Themes Feature Layers offer the following key advantages:
1) Comprehensive marine data from authoritative sources
2) Reference datasets categorized in easy to use themes
3) Scale independence delivers primary data as single layers
4) Advanced de-confliction means no fragmented geometry
5) Descriptive attribution aids searching and usage
6) Supplementary information reduces GIS project times.
Marine Themes Feature Layers combine with Marine Themes DEM (see image) to provide the most comprehensive and advanced marine mapping data available for GIS and Web GIS. In addition, OceanWise and its distributors are able to combine Marine Themes datasets with those of other data agencies to provide a complete marine geospatial data package. Projects are charged by value of the service and not by applying excessive product and licence fees.
Please contact OceanWise on-line distributors – FIND Mapping and emapsite.com – for further details and a quotation.
OceanWise Ltd is an independent company specialising in all aspects of marine environmental data acquisition, data and knowledge management and GIS. OceanWise personnel have been pioneering the development of marine data products for over 12 years, first at Metoc then at SeaZone, and at the UK Hydrographic Office. This experience has culminated in the design and development of the advanced Marine Themes vector and modelled datasets. In addition to Digital Marine Mapping, OceanWise offers:
• Environmental Data Management and Publishing (Ocean Database and Port-Log.net)
• GIS and Marine Data Acquisition, Management and Dissemination Advice and Training
• Sector Specific Productivity Tools (Maritime Toolbar and Workflow Extensions)
For more information on how OceanWise can improve your environmental and spatial data management capacity and capabilities, please contact Mr John Pepper, Marketing Director, on email@example.com“>firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the OceanWise website at www.oceanwise.eu.