ACDC is also used to incorporate the Client’s own internal Capital Works as constructed data.
“Prior to developing our current ACDC workflow, the process for capturing as-built data for a new subdivision took about a day and a half,” says Michael Hardman, Geospatial and Business Data Manager, North East Water. “Now, it takes about 10 minutes. The data is more consistent, complete, and accurate.”
ACDC can be used by Local Government Authorities (managing Drainage, Roads, Open Space, Buildings), Utilities (Water & Sewer, Electricity & Gas), Campuses to collapse the time required to capture the as As-Constructed / As-Built / Work-As-Executed drawings containing all of the attributes & spatial information of the new infrastructure required by the Client.
As a software solution, ACDC addresses the stakeholder’s requirements of the Client’s Engineers, GIS Managers & Asset Managers and the third party Developers.
Benefits of ACDC include:
• Process optimisation – Replace paper based transfer with intelligent digital transfer
• Full Time Equivalent (FTE) +ve – redeploy staff to more productive tasks
• Proven ROI in the first 12 months of use
• Standardises the input data from 3rd party Developers / Capital Works
• Validates conformance to Council / Utility’s Standard
• Valuable productivity tool – Eliminates recapture (double handling) of asset data
• Eliminates operator error / inconsistency
• Eliminates risk for the Client
• Proven application – 3rd generation
• Embraces small to large developers e.g. landscape architects, surveyors & engineers
• Flexible – configure to existing data model(s) or to emerging data standards
• Little Training or Support required
Open Spatial is pleased to announce the following Councils and Water Utilities have recently chosen As Constructed Design Certification (ACDC) to address this important process improvement to the way they receive and consume As Constructed drawings.
– Wollongong City Council (NSW)
– Queanbeyan City Council (NSW)
– Singleton Council (NSW)
– Maitland City Council (NSW)
– Fraser Coast Regional Council (Qld)
– Goulburn Valley Water (Vic)
– Wannon Water (Vic)
– Wide Bay Water (Qld)
“Our ACDC Solution delivers to our Clients the bridge between CAD and GIS, populating the As Constructed information directly into two important Corporate Systems – GIS (including ESRI, Intergraph, MapInfo, Smallworld, Autodesk and others) and Asset Management systems (including Assetic, Confirm, Conquest, Hansen, Maximo, Mincom, Mainpac, WASP and others). Clients can now better manage their new infrastructure, eliminate backlogs of data capture, and have an up to date view of asset information, so that they can confidently manage and report on their infrastructure to management and Regulators.
Importantly our Clients have been able to free up staff to do more productive work rather than recapture asset information. We believe the new Clients adopting our solution will experience the same Return on Investment (ROI) that our existing clients have experienced of delivering 100% ROI within 12 months” says Anthony Jahshan, MD of Open Spatial Australia.
About Open Spatial
Open Spatial Australia Pty Ltd is an Australian company and is the distributor of enlighten and Munsys to the Asia Pacific region. Open Spatial is an Autodesk Silver Partner. Recognised for delivering applications to Government and Utilities sectors throughout the region, all of Open Spatial’s solutions are based on internationally accepted open standards and world-class best practices. Open Spatial offers innovative spatial infrastructure solutions to managing spatial data from Survey through to Design, Construction and Ongoing Spatial Data Management. www.openspatial.com.au