Some of the enhancements include:
- Continued expansion in India with the addition of over 2,000 km of roads in 47 cities.
- In Brazil, 64,000 km of roads with navigable coverage were added.
- A Mobile Mapping Van initiative in Mexico resulting in more than 5,000 improvements across 900,000 km.
- Focus on the Mega Manila area of the Philippines with the addition of 22,000 km of navigable coverage.
- Continued growth in Croatia resulting in navigable coverage for 100% of the population (140,000 km).
- The introduction of a MultiNet map for Namibia and Botswana. This includes a significant number of topographic roads enabling off-road navigation.
In addition to extending coverage, TomTom also introduces new advanced features and enhanced content, including:
- Points of Interest to improve search capability: — 43,000 in Brazil.
- 34,000 in Vietnam.
- Address Points enabling premium geocoding and navigation: — 9.6 million in North America.
- 2.5 million in APAC.
- 10,000 in Europe.
- Map Display products for advanced visualisation: — 130 new 3D Landmarks in North America, including 17 stadiums.
- 88 new 3D Landmarks in India.
- 7 new 2D City Maps in APAC and Europe.
The latest release of the TomTom map portfolio is available for automotive, enterprise, and government customers today.
TomTom is a global supplier of location and navigation products and services. We provide consumers and enterprise, government and automotive industry customers with digital maps, traffic intelligence, navigation software, PNDs, automotive systems, fleet management services, smartphone apps, fitness devices, POIs and speedcam intelligence.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, TomTom has over 3,500 employees and operates from 50 locations in 35 countries.
TomTom (aex:TOM2) is listed on NYSE Euronext. More information can be found at www.tomtom.com . For the most up-to-date route planner, including live traffic information please visit www.tomtom.com/livetraffic