Sydney, March 17, 2016—1Spatial, the spatial big data company, has created a rich program of sessions at the upcoming Australian FME World Tour events in April to help users of Safe Software’s FME integrate their data and drive collaboration, including with other organisations and communities.
Martin Gregory, General Manager, 1Spatial Asia Pacific says, “Supporting the theme of this year’s FME World Tour, ‘Connecting Our World’, we’ll be presenting solutions to the challenges organisations face keeping up with the explosion of data and increasing requirements to share data in as close to real time as possible.”
FME empowers users to confidently transform data with over 300 powerful transformers supporting popular databases, spatial data applications, and open data formats. As a Value-Added Reseller of FME and a Platinum Partner of Safe Software, 1Spatial is hosting the following FME World Tour events:
Come along to one of the events by registering here:www.1spatial.com/FMEWT .
The free events are designed to help users to automate their processes, innovate and connect with other users, organisations and communities. Each event will include technical presentations, networking opportunities, case studies and interactive sessions relevant to both new users and veterans of FME.
This year’s highlights include sessions on:
· Open Data: Preparing, Sharing and Choosing a Portal – Find out what open data means, who produces and consumes it, best practices and recommendations for sharing data with the world, and how different open data platforms compare
· Mastering Your Databases – Work with databases more easily, look at new options for SQL querying, and see how new ESRI Geodatabase change detection capabilities can keep your databases synchronised
· FME Hub: Beyond Workbench – Learn how you can contribute to and use the FME Hub, a complete reimagining of the FME Store giving users a place to share a rich library of custom transformers and workspaces
· What’s New in FME 2016 – Get a look at the most exciting new FME 2016 functionality in FME Desktop, FME Server and FME Cloud
· FME User Stories – Hear from people and organisations who have done something amazing with FME, saved time and money or built something incredible, and learn about their favourite FME tips and tricks.
In conjunction with the World Tour, 1Spatial has challenged FME users to step forwards with new ideas about what the software could do. Users who submit ideas for the FME Ideas Challenge 2016 have a chance to win a Fitbit Charge HR™ and turn their idea into a reality with the full and free support of 1Spatial. All entrants will also gain valuable feedback from 1Spatial’s Certified FME Professionals.
There’s more information on how to get involved in the FME ideas challenge here: http://1spatial.com/au/